OCM Karma is the OnChainMonkey membership NFT launching on June 29, 2022.
By the team of crypto OGs who have been building in crypto since the early days. We founded one of the first cryptocurrency exchanges and first block explorers. Our investors include the creators of Litecoin, CryptoKitties, Etherscan, Axie Infinity, The Sandbox, YGG, Unicorn DAO, 9GAG, Twitch, Rotten Tomatoes, Kabam, Crunchyroll, and more.
- We learned from the best. OCM Genesis was a stealth free mint. OCM Karma is the official public launch, with similarities to how BAYC/MAYC and PROOF/Moonbirds launched their full collections. Karma and Genesis have equal voting power in the OCM DAO.
- Karma is the painstaking work created by our Academy Award-nominated art team over a period of over 9 months. They were the lead animators of Ice Age, Rio, and Ferdinand.
- Karma provides membership into the OnChainMonkey ecosystem, with a strong network of successful founders and investors in web2 and web3.
- Karma provides a Vote in the DAO, funding community and web3 projects.
- Karma provides access to our Banana ecosystem that benefits holders.
- Karma holders have access to virtual and IRL community events – like private events with our notable community. Past events included those with Woody Harrelson, Owen Wilson, Charlie Lee, and Deepak Chopra.
The Karma Mint
Here are the ways to be part of the Karma mint and not miss out! Most of the Karma mint will be done via allowlist. This means you need to get your Ethereum address approved on an allowlist ahead of time before you can mint.
- If you own the original OnChainMonkey NFT (Genesis), and you own a Dessert, you can eat (burn) the Dessert to get the corresponding Karma. This is not time sensitive, and we will explain in detail in a subsequent blog post.
- If you own a Genesis, you can register on the Premint Allowlist to be able to mint a new Karma. First come first served, so this is time sensitive. Be sure to sign up if you plan to mint on June 29 in the public sale.
- If you own a Genesis, Ice Pop (D1) and Donut (D2), be sure to hold them in the same Ethereum wallet address. A few days before June 29, you will be airdropped a VIP Allowlist NFT that will allow the holder to mint on June 29. This is how we empower our community to invite their friends to the Karma mint. The VIP Allowlist NFT is meant to be gifted by our existing community to new people who we want to invite into our OCM community.
Please read 2. and 3. above carefully.. Those are the two important ways to get on the allowlist to mint Karma.
- For those without a Genesis, we are offering allowlist spots to other NFT communities too. Look out for announcements from the other communities.
- Ask our existing OCM community. We will be air dropping VIP Allowlist NFTs according to 3 above. Our community can invite people to the allowlist with those NFTs.
For the Karma public mint on June 29, here are the details:
- Fixed price to mint, with the price announced shortly before June 29.
- VIP Allowlist NFT holders will mint first, 1 per allowlist NFT.
- Next, the allowlisted addresses can mint, max 2 per address.
- There will be a small allocation for the general public to mint (no allowlist needed). More details on this later.
Be sure to get on the allowlist with one of the ways above, and have ETH available in your wallet beforehand to be able to mint. We recommend having 0.75 ETH.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the Karma tokenomics?
- See the details on the OCM Karma page.
- What is the Mint Price?
- To be announced the week of the mint. It will be based on the market prices of https://opensea.io/collection/onchainmonkey and https://opensea.io/collection/ocm-dessert. The mint is the same fixed price for everyone.
- How does the VIP Allowlist NFT work?
- Simply have this NFT in your wallet when you mint, and you will be able to mint Karma. The VIP Allowlist NFT will be burned as a result. No need to register beforehand. The VIP Allowlist NFT can be traded and will work with whatever wallet it is held by.
- How does the regular allowlist work?
- The regular allowlist is a smart contract allowlist, ie only the allowed ethereum wallet addresses will be allowed to mint by the smart contract during that period. Those addresses can only mint once for either 1 or 2 Karma. Note, if you choose to mint 1 Karma instead of 2, you cannot come back and mint a second Karma during the allowlist period.
- What is Premint.xyz?
- For the majority of the regular allowlist, we will use Premint.xyz to collect the allowed ethereum wallet addresses. Premint.xyz is a convenient and widely used tool for this.
- Where is the Karma mint?
- The Karma mint will happen on the OCM website: OnChainMonkey.com
Finally, watch out for scams!
PLEASE VERIFY THE MINT LINK IS LEGITIMATE.
Do not trust, but verify! That means double check the links from multiple sources:
There isn’t much more exciting than being surrounded by like-minded people, in an amazing, expansive venue, with the most innovative leaders that are bridging tech and art at every turn. The monkeys swung into VeeCon 2022 spending a long weekend in Minneapolis, MN with an inspiring collection of panel speakers, educational talks and collaborative experiences alongside a crowd of NFT-lovers tipping towards 10K.
There was no shortage of love in our OnChainMonkey community – at our member’s lunch, nearly 50 monkeys mingled over a custom menu of food and drinks at the Hewing Hotel where some lucky monkeys met Wyclef Jean, scooped up exclusive merch, and talked about all things NFTs, alpha groups, and our upcoming Karma mint end of June.
NFTs have quickly risen to be one of the most lucrative new businesses – our monkeys and so many others know just how much positive energy can be created to make a positive impact on the world with this technology and artform. Metagood Co-founder and COO Amanda Terry took to the stage to talk “NFTs for Good” where she explained how OnChainMonkey has simultaneously created value for our community as one of the most profitable NFT collections as measured by percentage of profitable trades for collectors while doing real world good.
She gave the examples of how OnChainMonkey helped Sharbat Gula and her family get out of Afghanistan to Italy, their charity e-Sports tournament with Axie Infinity that raised funds to rebuild homes impacted by the typhoons in the Philippines, and an OCM auction proceeds were donated to Coral Vita which is restoring coral reefs globally. She joined an incredible panel with actor, independent filmmaker of trademarked Spinema™ and socially conscious NFT artist, David Bianchi and Inna Modja, Head of Philanthropy at World of Women, an NFT community celebrating representation, inclusivity & equal opportunities and CEO at Code Green, a non-profit using affordable art on the blockchain to fight for social, gender and climate justice, moderated by Gary Vee’s Vice President of Core Relationships Nick Dio.
OnChainMonkey was featured in the Coinbase Creator Lounge as a Coinbase NFT launch partner. Amanda Terry also checked out the Ledger Lounge as OnChainMonkey is a partner with a custom OnChainMonkey Ledger: https://shop.ledger.com/es/products/ledger-nano-x-onchainmonkey
Among VeeCon 2022’s roster of amazing talent with one of a kind offerings, conversations and immersive experiences were Pharrell Williams, musician and Co-Founder of just-launched NFT platform, The Gallery of Digital Assets, Mila Kunis, actress and Founder of Sixth Wall, responsible for the production of Web3 backed animated series The Gimmicks, and Co-Founder of Meta Seva, renowned-author and spiritual leader Deepak Chopra who had led a private meditation session in Discord for OnChainMonkeys previously.
We can’t forget the one who brought it all to life, VaynerX and VaynerMedia creator, the one and only Gary Vaynerchuk and his incredible team. Gary even took to OCM’s IG stories to send a couple shout outs to our monkeys! Gary was an OCM minter from day 1, owns 9 OCM, and said he can’t wait to find more ways to collaborate with OCM. Amanda also met Mama and Papa Vee and gave them and Gary OnChainMonkey hats!
Amanda also joined a women’s brunch organized by the founders of MetaAngels Allyson Downey and Alexandra Cavoulacos, Metagood investor Randi Zuckerberg, HUG Co-Founder Debbie Soon, Vaynermedia’s Katrina Gamueda-Smith, Carly Reilly of Overpriced JPEGs podcast, and Emmy-nominated host Shira Lazar.
We left VeeCon 2022 invigorated by the connection to our OnChainMonkey community and inspired by the talent and talks we absorbed all weekend long. Though it’s just about a year away, we can’t wait for next year. For updates on where the monkeys will gather next (hint: Consensus in Austin June 9-12 and NFT NYC June 20-22,) tune into our Instagram and Twitter!
If you’re interested in joining our community, check out the available OCMs for sale on OpenSea, Mintable, and Nifty Gateway. Our holders receive exclusive invites to IRL and online events like the Grammys or celebrity poker night with Charlie Lee, Woody Harrelson, and Owen Wilson and can meet other impact-minded technologists, investors, celebrities and more in our verified holders- channel in Discord. All OnChainMonkey NFT holders can also submit project proposals and vote for the OCM DAO.
!RISE with us! Join our Karma mint on June 29!